Thanks for joining me in my couponing adventures!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009; 10:14pm
Hello everybody. Over the summer I decided to start couponing, and I never realized how much money I would save! Recently I decided to start posting my savings on my facebook, then thought 'why not start a blog?' so here I am! There are some really fantastic websites and blogs that help me plan my shopping trips, and I will link to all of them. This blog will be primarily for me to show how I've done with my shopping, and hopefully inspire you to start saving money, too. Its really easy to coupon, you just have to devote a little bit of time. If you have any suggestions/comments/questions for me, feel free to ask!


Sunday, September 13, 2009

Tracking prices

When you see an item on sale in a store's weekly flier, you usually assume that you're getting a good deal, right?  Well, that's not always the case.  Sometimes stores just want you to think that so that you'll spend money.  So what can you do to get around that?  Track the cost of items that you buy often, and at the different stores that you shop at.  Sheri at Swag Grabber recently posted a spreadsheet that she made that makes it easy for you to do this.  Here is the post where she has the file as well as tips and instructions on how to do this.  Even if you are like me and not quite so organized, you should have at least an idea of the price point for the items you buy often.  You should also have a limit of how much you're willing to pay for an item, and using Sheri's tips and spreadsheet will help you to figure out what that limit is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment