Thanks for joining me in my couponing adventures!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009; 10:14pm
Hello everybody. Over the summer I decided to start couponing, and I never realized how much money I would save! Recently I decided to start posting my savings on my facebook, then thought 'why not start a blog?' so here I am! There are some really fantastic websites and blogs that help me plan my shopping trips, and I will link to all of them. This blog will be primarily for me to show how I've done with my shopping, and hopefully inspire you to start saving money, too. Its really easy to coupon, you just have to devote a little bit of time. If you have any suggestions/comments/questions for me, feel free to ask!


Monday, September 14, 2009

Publix coupon policy

The email I just received in response to my request for the coupon policy wasn't very helpful in spelling everything out.  Below is the relevant part of the email.

Because the stipulations by manufacturers can be different, it is difficult to have a policy that covers all situations.  Our basic policy is to adhere to the stipulations printed on all coupons.

We do accept coupons printed from the Internet.  Our goal is to accept coupons unless there is a legal compliance issue.  If you have a question about a particular coupon, I would suggest checking with the Store Manager or Customer Service Manager at the store where you will be shopping.


I know the coupon policy for the store I work and shop at fairly well, and assume its similar, if not the same, at most other stores.  Here are the highlights:
  • You can use one store coupon (Publix, Target, etc) AND one manufacturer's coupon per item purchased (this is called stacking)
  • You can use printable coupons from the internet (In our store the coupon can value up to $5, even for a free item
  • If an item is BOGO, you can still use one coupon for each item (or two if you're stacking store/manuf)
  • You will not get money back if the coupon value is greater than the price of the item, but the difference will be taken off your bill if you are purchasing more items
  • You can use competitor's coupons, based on the discretion of the store.  Competitors are other local grocery chains, as well as Target, Walmart, and the like.  My store (perhaps others as well) does not currently take drug store coupons (Walgreens, CVS, etc)
Also a tip from experience.  If the value of your total coupons is more than $50, you might want to break up your purchases so that your coupons stay under the $50 mark.  For each and every coupon over $50 (of coupon savings), a manager needs to put in an override code, and that can be time consuming.

If you have any specific questions, ask the manager at your local store and they will help you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment