Thanks for joining me in my couponing adventures!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009; 10:14pm
Hello everybody. Over the summer I decided to start couponing, and I never realized how much money I would save! Recently I decided to start posting my savings on my facebook, then thought 'why not start a blog?' so here I am! There are some really fantastic websites and blogs that help me plan my shopping trips, and I will link to all of them. This blog will be primarily for me to show how I've done with my shopping, and hopefully inspire you to start saving money, too. Its really easy to coupon, you just have to devote a little bit of time. If you have any suggestions/comments/questions for me, feel free to ask!


Monday, September 21, 2009

Today's shopping trip (Target and Publix)

Publix
4 plastic things to put under my potted plants
10 Marie Callender meals
6 Publix yogurts
2 16oz Cottage Cheese
--$1/2 cottage cheese coupons
--(10) $1.50/1 M.C. coupons
Total Savings: $16.00 (35%)
Out of Pocket Total: $30.26
~~Not that great of a trip today, but it was more of things that we needed than stocking up on things that were on sale.

Target
12 boxes Pop Tarts (12 count)
1 box Blueberry Pop Tart (8 count)
4 Fancy Feast Appetizers
--(6) $1/2 Pop Tarts Target coupon
--(1) $1/2 Pop Tarts coupon
--(1) FREE blueberry Pop Tarts coupon
--(2) $0.55/1 Pop Tarts coupon
--(2) BOGO Fancy Feast Appetizers Target coupon
--(2) BOGO Fancy Feast Appetizers coupon
Total Savings: $24.73 (61%)
Out of Pocket Total: $16.08
~~This trip was pretty good.  I'm really excited that I was able to get the Fancy Feast Appetizers for my cats for FREE! We got a free sample of this in the mail a while back and the girls just LOVED it and devoured it! lol.  At $1.29 for a 2oz package, this will be one of the rare occasions that I actually buy it for them.  Thank goodness for coupons.


Remember, Pop Tarts are included in Kellogg's list of participating products for the $10 mail in rebate.  I already sent in mine, and unfortunately I can't send in for another one.  The application, in pdf format, is here at their site.

No comments:

Post a Comment