Thanks for joining me in my couponing adventures!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009; 10:14pm
Hello everybody. Over the summer I decided to start couponing, and I never realized how much money I would save! Recently I decided to start posting my savings on my facebook, then thought 'why not start a blog?' so here I am! There are some really fantastic websites and blogs that help me plan my shopping trips, and I will link to all of them. This blog will be primarily for me to show how I've done with my shopping, and hopefully inspire you to start saving money, too. Its really easy to coupon, you just have to devote a little bit of time. If you have any suggestions/comments/questions for me, feel free to ask!


Thursday, November 12, 2009

Quick update

Hello out there in couponing land!  I can't believe it's been so long since my last post, and I apologize for that.  For a while I didn't post because there wasn't too much going on for me with coupons, and then I just started procrastinating (something I'm too good at!). This is just a short update.

Since my last post, I've recieved my $10 Kellogg's rebate and my free t-shirt from the Good Egg Project (see my last post about that).  The shirt is cute--it is grey with a big white egg on the front with a halo over it and it says 'The Good Egg Project.'

Also, I was able to get a pretty amazing deal at Kohl's.  I had to get new pants for work, so I went on Retailmenot.com to see if there were any coupons before I went to the store.  I found a Friends and Family 15% off that expired that night, so off I went to the store!  Once I got to the store and was looking around I heard the announcement that if you open a Kohl's charge card you save an extra 10%, so I decided to do that.  There only had one pair of the pants left in my size, so I went to customer service to get a raincheck.  The very nice woman there told me that if I called to place a phone order from the store phone I would get free shipping.  Normally when placing a phone order I wouldn't have been able to get the discounts (15% and then 10%), but since the store was going to do it they honored both discounts anyway, plus I got the free shipping.
4 pairs of pants (on sale for $26.99, regular $34.99)
-15%
-10%
FREE shipping!
Total savings: $57 (41%)
Out of pocket Total: $87.05

No comments:

Post a Comment