Thanks for joining me in my couponing adventures!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009; 10:14pm
Hello everybody. Over the summer I decided to start couponing, and I never realized how much money I would save! Recently I decided to start posting my savings on my facebook, then thought 'why not start a blog?' so here I am! There are some really fantastic websites and blogs that help me plan my shopping trips, and I will link to all of them. This blog will be primarily for me to show how I've done with my shopping, and hopefully inspire you to start saving money, too. Its really easy to coupon, you just have to devote a little bit of time. If you have any suggestions/comments/questions for me, feel free to ask!


Thursday, October 8, 2009

Shopping trip and a link

Earlier this week Stephanie, at Couponing 101, shared the anatomy of a coupon.  This was a very interesting article, decoding the coupon as well as the barcode.  What I took away as the most important was the information about the fine print:
  • Limit one coupon per purchase.  Each qualifying item(s) is a purchase.  If the coupon is for $1 off 2 boxes of cereal and you buy 2 boxes, that is 1 purchase.  If you bought 2 more, that is another purchase and you can use another $1/2 coupon.  This is on just about every coupon.  It means you can not use 2 coupons on 1 product.
  • Limit one coupon per transaction.  This means you can only use one of each coupon per transaction.  Each transaction is concluded with a receipt.
  • Limit one coupon per day/visit.  You can only use one of those coupons per store visit.
  • Limit one coupon per person/customer/household. You can only use one of these coupons.
I think this information is something all of us couponers should go to the stores armed with.  If you understand how the coupon works, you might be able to explain it to a confused cashier.  I've even thought of printing her post and keeping it in my coupon organizer to help clear up any difficulties that may arise.  Definitely check out her post!


A few days ago I went to CVS, here is the breakdown.
3 Scott Toilet Tissue 12 packs (On sale $6.88 each, $5.11off/each)
2 boxes Kleenex Tissues (BOGO)
4 cans Progresso Chicken Soup (BOGO)
--(2)$0.50/1 Progresso coupon
--(1)$1/2 Progresso coupon
--$2.50 ECB I earned over the summer
--(1) $3/15 CVS coupon (found here on page 31)
--(1) $5/$25 CVS coupon (found here, here, or here--all different links that you can print from!)
Total Savings: $36.60 (67%)
Out of Pocket Total: $17.95

No comments:

Post a Comment